Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm feeling particularly lazy this evening... but... as I did finally get to Nara this week so as compromise I shall skip my usual long-winded-ness and just do a photo post.

One note: when I arrived at noon the weather was sunny. About two it became cloudy. At three it started to pour rain. I took shelter hoping it would pass, but after a while I decided to pack up and head home. I'll have to return again at some later date, as I only scratched the surface of things to see.
The main gate of Todai-ji: Home of Nara's Giant Buddha.
(See Nara's other attraction at bottom: deer.)
(Also to note, those are parasols, not umbrellas... yet.)
The main building of Todai-Ji.
The main doors on the main building of Todai-ji.
The Daibutsu of Nara.
(Honestly, I think the massive bronze statue is similar in size to that on the one in Kamakura. The pedestal in Nara adds a lot of height.)
Deer grazing (in the rain) in a soon-to-be-rebuilt-temple.
Other buildings on the grounds seen above.
Okay, do they really NEED a "caution: deer" sign?
I just had to take this picture.
Putting aside the irony of photographing a "no photography" sign...
I'm more curious about the "no daschunds" policy.
Also, since this is a grocery store, the "no shopping lists" policy is a bit confusing.
Giant. Lighted. Paper mache. Pig.
That is all.

I think that'll about do it for this week. 'Til next time:

Jaa Mata Ne.

No comments: