Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Adventure fulfilled

I'm a week behind again, but oh well. Wednesday last week I decided to give the Umeda Sky Building's Sky Deck another shot. With a great turn about of luck they were open! It wasn't the clearest day, but I got some nice pictures anyways.

When I finished at the Sky Building I decided to walk over to Osaka Castle (a kilometer or two.) The weather was in the mid 50s and it was a great day for a walking tour of North Osaka followed by a walk around the Osaka Castle grounds.

After Osaka Castle, I went across the street to the Osaka City History Museum. While it had a nice layout (you start on the 10th floor and continue down to the 6th - chronologically) but it was a little light on content and had mediocre English language support (as compared to the Edo-Tokyo History Museum in Tokyo.)

On my way out of the museum (which happens to be connected to the "NHK Osaka" TV studios) I got to see part of a live variety show being "taped". Kind of a fun end to a fun day.

The Sky Deck at the top of the Umeda Sky Building.
The "central ring" in the center of the Sky Deck.
Looking across the Yodo river to Juso (North of Osaka.)
Hankyu trains cross the Yodo river.
"This apartment as easy access to the freeway"
The main tower of Osaka Castle seen over a forest of plum trees.
Osaka Castle tower with time capsule in the foreground.
Tree trimmers repel down the outer castle wall, clearing brush as they go.

That about does it for last week. Today was a rest day so we'll have to see what excitement I can find tomorrow. Any-which-way, until next time:

Jaa Mata Ne.

No comments: