Friday, February 27, 2009

Gag-reel

Okay, just a brief post this week with a few pictures I took with the 'ole iPhone while walking around. Some things aren't worth pulling the SLR (big camera) out of the bag for, but still warrant a picture.
An Osaka based curry place.
Mediocre restaurant with a name that wouldn't fly back home.
Found under a bridge in Osaka.
This is a great example of whatever it is.
McDonalds menu.
We'll smile for free... but you have to ask us to do it?
The Umeda Sky Building skydeck.
Even if the love is gone... you never get over the handrail.
Somewhere in Osaka's back alleys.
Most. Evil-looking. Pig. Ever.
Again, somewhere in Osaka.
The cat is sitting just beyond the dog's reach.

In housing news: I lost the first apartment I found because of some hassle with the paperwork , some error in data entry, or some other (probably benign) reason. This house hunt has taught me much about the difference between conversational fluency in a language and TRUE fluency... and I have a long way to go towards the latter. Anyways I went back on Tuesday and found another apartment. It's more or less in the same "neighborhood" but is on the other side of the main street. Looks like I'll almost certainly be living in Daikokucho starting from late march.
Picture A of the new building.
Picture B.

There's a park kitty-corner and two supermarkets within 4 blocks. It's 5 minutes walk from the closest station and only 15 minutes from the downtown Namba area. I've got my fingers crossed for this one to work out.

That's it for this week. Until next time:

Jaa Mata Ne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read the post at the office while getting ready for this morning's lecture on sampling techniques in research. You MADE my day. I laughed out loud. GREAT pictures.
Love - MomCat