Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not long, not bitter, and not abstract.

Alright, as predicted last week, this week's post will be rather short and boring. Sorry. Quickly covering the events of the past week:

I finished moving into my new place today, a week ahead of schedule. The room was empty, I had keys, and doing it today frees up more time for me to do things over vacation. I got all of my stuff dragged over in three trips (the second two being wisely by taxi.) Pictures of the new place to follow later. By the time my room was put together enough to be photographed it was already too dark out. By way of description; I can say this about it: it's a corner room in the "front" of the building with two big windows and a shallow cabinet/closet that takes up one whole wall. I'm not sure, but I think it's bigger than my last place too...

Moving on: We had another big rain storm this afternoon and again I was out and about and got trapped in it (luckily not on my way to work this time.) I think this year Kobe has gotten more rain since the rainy season ended than it did during the whole rainy season proper (thanks global warming!)

Also: Happy 90 days out to me! I've now been in Japan longer on this trip than either of my previous trips (85 the first time, 69 the second.)

Lastly: Tomorrow officially kicks off my summer vacation. Two weeks of free time to do with as I please. Maybe I'll have some swell adventures to write about for you next week. Here's hoping so.

Jaa Mata Ne.

No comments: