Friday, May 30, 2008

Completion and new beginnings

So, you may be wondering if I fell off the back of the earth, but I assure you, I am alive and well.

I finished my two and a half weeks of training today and, due to a fluke of scheduling, I start work tomorrow. My first assignment is in Kyoto which means a long train ride t work (which is good, in that I can review my training materials on the train.) For the first few weeks I'll have a floating schedule where, while always working the same days (Thursday through Monday), the times and places will change constantly. The only solid day I have is Sunday, and that's a simple walk down the hill.

Oh, yeah, in addition to training today, I moved. Now, instead of a mile West of the station, I'm maybe a quarter mile North (but up a big hill.) I'll post pictures in the future. I met one of my new roommates, and he seems cool (the other moves in a week.)

I'm exhausted and need to get up early so I'll keep this post short. I have a few days off coming up so hopefully a more detailed account of the last few weeks will be forthcoming. Until then:

Jaa Mata Ne.

No comments: